How To Polish Your Work Boots-Protect and Shine Your Boots
“Some links may be affiliate links. We may get paid if you buy something or take an action after clicking one of these”
Thanks for stopping by. Today, I am going to show you how to polish and shine your work boots. Now that you have spent a good amount of your hard earned money on work boots, it’s time to protect them. Polishing them will not only make them look better, but also make them last longer. The way I am going to show you is the easiest and simplest way of polishing work boots that I know.
How to Polish/Shine Your Work Boots-Tools Needed
Here are the tools needed to polish your work boots.
- Boot polish-make sure you purchase the correct color of polish. You don’t want to black boot polish for brown work boots. Any brand will do.
- Polish applicator-this will be used to put the boot polish on. They do a nice job in putting on a nice, even coat on your work boots.
- Cleaning brush-use this in the first step of the polishing process. The cleaning brush removes dried on dirt and other debris that get on your boots.
- Horsehair shine brush-use this brush in the last step. This creates the nice shine that you and your boots are looking for.
- Mild dish soap and water-use this if your boots are really dirty and muddy.
- Soft rag-use this with the dish soap and water to clean your work boots.
How to Polish/Shine Your Work Boots-Steps Involved
- Take out the laces. Some people don’t do this step. I like to remove the laces so I can remove all of the dirt.
- Use the cleaning brush to brush off dried on dirt and mud. Make sure you get into the crevices and the tongue of the work boot.
- If the work boots are really dirty, use the soft rag and dish soap/water to clean them. If the work boots are not that dirty, you can skip this step.
- If you used soap and water, then let the work boots dry
- Use the boot polish and polish applicator and put on a nice even coat of shoe polish. Make sure you don’t forget the tongue of the boot.
- Let the boots dry again
- Use the horsehair shine brush and brush the boots until they shine.
That is it!! Your work boots look like new again.
Here is a video showing how to do this.
Thanks for stopping by and checking out my article on how to polish your work boots. Please feel free to leave a comment.
Categorised in: Articles