How To Clean Your Leather Work Boots-The Proper Way!!
Today we are going to show you how to clean your leather work boots the proper way. If you have invested a good amount of money in your work boots, you want to make sure that you take care of them. Also, if you work in an environment that has mud, dirt, snow, salt, or dust, like my sons and I work in, you want to make sure that you know how to clean your work boots.
Things You Are Going To Need To Clean Your Work Boots
- A soft bristled brush-this is going to be used to brush off all of the visible dirt, salt, dust or any other debris that is on the work boot. It is also used to buff the work boots to put a nice shine on them.
- A small hard bristled brush- this is going to be used to get at the dirt that is in the crevices of the work boots.
- Saddle soap- this basically washes the leather.
- A couple of soft rags- these are used to clean the work boot with the saddle soap.
- Water- use the water to wash away the saddle soap and dirt combination.
- Leather oil- this will condition and re-moisten the leather on your work boot.
Steps For Cleaning Your Work Boots
- First, you are going to remove the laces from your boots. This is a very important step because a lot of the dirt and other debris gets caught on the tongue of the boot and in the crevices around the laces.
- Use the soft bristled brush to brush off all of the visible debris on your work boots. Make sure you get all areas of the work boot including the crevices.
- Take your small, hard bristled brush and scrub the stitching area of the work boot. This is hard area to get at so it is important that this step is done.
- Next, take a soft rag, dip it in the water and apply the saddle soap to the rag. Dipping the rag in the water first will moisten the saddle soap when you put it on your rag.
- Take the rag with your saddle soap on it, and wipe it all over your work boots. Make sure you wipe hard enough to get the saddle soap foaming. Make sure you get into all crevices of the your work boots and especially on the toes of the work boots. This will clean your work boots very nicely.
- Either take another rag or use the same rag you just used and dip the rag in some water. Take the wet rag and wash/wipe off all of the foamy saddle soap that you just used to clean your work boots.
- Take a new rag and dry off your work boots.
- Set your work boots somewhere where they can dry.
- Apply your leather oil with another rag onto your work boots. Make sure you put and good, thick coat of the leather oil onto the work boots and don’t forget the crevices! This will put on a very nice shine on your leather work boots. Put a little more leather oil on the stitching and the toe of the boot. If you notice that the work boot is soaking up the leather oil, you may need to put on another coat.
- Use your soft bristled brush and buff a nice shine on your leather work boot. This will make it look really nice.
Well, there you have it. We hope that we showed you how to clean your leather work boots the proper way!!
Categorised in: Articles