Are you just starting out in a profession that requires work boots? Or are you already in a profession and you need a new or different pair of work boots? If you said yes to either one of those questions, you have come to the right place. Our goal is to provide you with the best up to date information and reviews on the best work boots. We will use our knowledge and experience to hopefully help you with your decision.
Importance of Work Boots
If you work in a hazardous work environment, you probably already know the reasons why you need work boots. If you are just starting out, here are just some of the reasons that work boots are important.
- Protection from falling objects-having a heavy object fall on your foot or toes would definitely ruin your day. To prevent this, you would either want to wear steel toed boots/shoes or put safe guards on your work boots. This will protect you from falling objects and prevent you from injury.
- Protection from slips/falls-a lot of work boots are slip resistant. You would obviously want a pair of these if you are working in a place with oil, water or other slippery materials on the floor. Slipping and falling is one of the top ways people get injured at work, so you want to make sure you protect yourself from this.
- Protection from wet/cold conditions-having cold, wet socks or feet can definitely affect your work performance. It also can ruin your day. If you work in an environment like this, make sure you get the proper work boots to help prevent this.
- They are required-some workplaces require you to get a good pair of safety work boots before you can start your job. This helps protect you from the reasons above so you can get your work career started and not worry about getting injured at work.
Best Brands of Work Boots
Although there are some great brands of work boots out there, here are the top 4 in our book.
- Caterpillar-manufactured by Wolverine World Wide, Caterpillar boots are some of the finest on the market today.
- Timberland-owned by the VF Corporation, Timberland has been manufacturing waterproof boots since 1973.
- Red Wing-founded in 1905, Red Wing is very popular for work boots intended for heavy work.
- Wolverine-while Wolverine manufactures Caterpillar work boots, it also has its own brand of work boots that are very comfortable and durable.
Occupations That Need Work Boots
Now this was fun! We did some brain storming and tried coming up with a complete list of occupations that need work boots. If your job is on this list, you may need to purchase work boots. Please let us know if we missed any!
- Construction/Concrete worker
- Delivery drivers (UPS, Fed Ex…)
- Oilfield workers
- Asphalt workers
- Railroad workers
- Tree cutters
- Factory workers
I know we are missing some. Please let us know and thanks for stopping by our website!!!!